Dissatisfaction in the workplace is at an all-time high. In Gallup’s 2022 State of the Global Workplace report, a staggering 60 percent of workers reported being emotionally detached at work. 19 percent said they felt miserable in their jobs. 50 percent of U.S. workers reported feeling stressed at work on a daily basis.
With these numbers, it’s hard to imagine finding a job that makes you feel truly valued and fulfilled. However, there is a growing field with nearly unlimited opportunity that offers employees numerous benefits. Can you imagine having a career that actually lowers your risk of depression, provides you with a sense of purpose and fulfillment, and allows you to work when and where you please? If not, it’s time to explore the field of caregiving.
What Are the Benefits of Caregiving?
Caring for others is a noble career, but beyond the virtue, there are some incredible benefits of caregiving that you should consider.
- A profound sense of purpose: With so many people feeling unhappy with their work, there has never been a time where it has been more important for employees to find purpose in their careers. As a caregiver, your purpose is one of the highest there is — caring for others. When you ensure that another person is safe, happy, and well cared for, your feelings of purpose and accomplishment grow, increasing your overall sense of positivity and wellbeing.
- A deeper connection with your humanity: Between commuting, meetings, and completing assignments, our work lives are frequently hectic and demanding. It’s rare that we have time to stop and think about ourselves, let alone others. The one-on-one nature of caregiving allows you to slow down and connect with another person. Your daily conversations and interactions with your clients help you build a deeper connection to your humanity and feel more satisfied with your life.
- A chance to learn new skills: Becoming a non-medical in-home caregiver requires no prior care experience. At Senior HomeCare of Tucson, our caregivers receive detailed training to ensure they feel confident in their work. Additionally, they learn an array of new skills on the job with clients.
- Lowering depression by helping others: According to Mental Health America, research proves that people who consistently help others experience a greater sense of calm, reduced depression, a decrease in pain, and better overall health.
- A flexible work schedule: A big part of work dissatisfaction today comes from a poor work-life balance and lack of flexibility. As an in-home caregiver, you can make your own schedule to fit your lifestyle and ensure that you have a healthy work-life balance.
Become an In-Home Caregiver Today!
At Senior HomeCare of Tucson, we highly value our care team and we would be happy to share more about the many benefits of caregiving. If you are a compassionate person interested in learning more about how a caregiving career with Senior HomeCare of Tucson can give you a better outlook on work and life, contact us today at (520) 355-4787, or fill out our online application.